Image and Mediational Communication
Faculty of Modern Languages and Literatures
Admission to the programme
Information about enrollment deadlines for this programme will be provided at a later date.
Detailed admission rules
for graduates of studies in English Philology, philology in the field of English language, Philology, Polish Philology, Classical Philology (English language command required at B2 + level); - other fields of study (English language command required at the B2 + level)
Based on submitting all required documents until such time as all places have been filled
Selection procedure steps
1. Creating an account
The candidate creates an individual account in the Online Admissions System by providing the necessary personal data. Subsequent admission-related operations can only be made after logging in to the created account. All steps taken by the candidate after logging into the system are saved and archived. The candidate is obliged to keep the password to access the account secret.
2. Enrolling in the programme
The candidate chooses a programme/major and type of studies. It is recommended that the candidate thoroughly read the admission requirements for a given programme as well as the admission schedule.
3. Paying the enrollment fee
The candidate pays an admission procedure fee in the selected programmes/majors. Failure to pay the fee for a given programme means the candidate is not included in the selection procedure in this programme. The enrollment fee is PLN 85.
4. Attachment of documents obtained abroad
The candidate with the documents obtained abroad attaches scans of these documents for the purpose of their verification.
5. Complement of information about the diploma
The candidate enters information about the diploma: final grade on the diploma, diploma issuance date and diploma number.
6. Uploading a photo
The candidate uploads a high-resolution photo which will be used when generating the personal questionnaire. The photo of the admitted candidate will also be used in the student identification card.
Notice: if you do not upload a photo, system will not be able to generating the questionnaire!
7. Lodgment of all required documents by electronic means
Upon enrolling into the programme and paying the enrollment fee, the candidate is obliged to lodge all required documents by electronic means within the specified time limit (or until such time as the limit of admitted candidates has been reached).
Submitting, on the specified date and before filling the limit of places, a complete set of required documents will be tantamount to admission to studies.
List of documents
Set of documents
- photo file which will be used when generating the personal questionnaire
- a scan of university diploma
Preparation of the documents
During the recruitment process, candidates do not submit any paper documents.
Each of the required documents should be scanned to a separate file in PDF format. A document (e.g. certificate or diploma) that has more than one page should be scanned into one multi-page PDF file.
Scanning documents can be carried out on its own with the use of a scanner or with the use of dedicated applications for devices with Android or iOS. The document scanning service is also available at most copy shops.
Attestation of documents
Document attestation is a process in which an employee of the University confirms the compliance of the attached scans of documents with their original (paper) version. Attestation of the document by AMU consists in submitting (for inspection) the original document at the dean's office at the beginning of the academic year.
Documents obtained abroad
Candidates with documents obtained abroad also provide:
- a scan of a foreign document, which is legalized or accompanied by an apostille, entitling the candidate to take up higher education studies in the country where the document was issued
- a scan of translation of the document into the language of the studies undertaken by the candidate, performed by a sworn translator entered into the list of sworn translators maintained by the Polish Minister of Justice, or certified by a Polish consul in the country where the document was issued
- a certificate of recognition of a foreign certificate as equivalent to Polish Matura certificate issued by a competent Board of Education – if the foreign certificate is not recognized, by virtue of law or under international agreements, as a document entitling to commence higher education studies in Poland
- a scan of a document confirming the entitlement to study tuition-free – in the case of the foreigners concerned